89 TOYOTA 4X4 V6 FUEL PUMP

• falcon4life
  • 1989 Toyota Pickup

I have a 89 Toyota 4x4 pickup with a V6 3.0 engine. First I can not find the Fuel pump relay. Where is it? It is not under the hood in the fuse box.

Also I took of the bed to get to the tank, but how do I get the access plate off? It looks like it has screws or bolts or something, but they are so rusted that they just look like little round heads. Does the access plate just twist off?

THANKS for any help you can give me!

Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 AT 3:10 AM

• rasmataz

The COR powers the fuel pump and MAF sensor grounds it to complete the fuel pump circuit.

EFI Circuit Opening Relay Behind right kick panel, above the ECU

BTW why are you chasing it-is it no power to the fuel pump connector. Do you hear the pump come On when key at On position.

About the access plate you have to go thru it to get to the pump.

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 4:12 PM
  • falcon4life

About the access plate you have to go thru it to get to the pump.[/Quote: fc1aaa4ef5]

No, I do not hear the fuel pump with the key on, so I checked the power at the plug at the tank with the key on, and it shows NO power.

THANKS for your help I found the Circuit Opening Relay. How is the best way to check it?

THANKS AGAIN

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 6:39 PM
  • rasmataz

About the access plate you have to go thru it to get to the pump.[/Quote: 2a16e180cb]

The relay has a coil and switch side-using multimeter you should have resistance on the coil side and no resistance on the switch. The coil side should have less than 70ohms.

THANKS AGAIN[/quote: 2a16e180cb]

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 6:43 PM
  • falcon4life

About the access plate you have to go thru it to get to the pump.[/Quote: 6b94c3e64e]

THANKS AGAIN[/quote: 6b94c3e64e][/quote: 6b94c3e64e]

I am reading 111 on one side at 200ohm setting and nothing one the other side. Does that mean it is bad? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 9:02 PM
  • rasmataz

About the access plate you have to go thru it to get to the pump.[/Quote: 58e6637356]

THANKS AGAIN[/quote: 58e6637356][/quote: 58e6637356]

I am reading 111 on one side at 200ohm setting and nothing one the other side. Does that mean it is bad? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP![/Quote: 58e6637356]

Put power on one side of the coil and ground the other side-now check the switch side both side should have power because the switch is closed meaning it will transfer power.

Also try this find the diagnostic connector jump the batt. To Fp terminal-do you hear the pump.

Friday, July 20th, 2007 AT 9:16 PM
  • falcon4life

About the access plate you have to go thru it to get to the pump.[/Quote: fb0f8570d9]

THANKS AGAIN[/quote: fb0f8570d9][/quote: fb0f8570d9]

I am reading 111 on one side at 200ohm setting and nothing one the other side. Does that mean it is bad? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP![/Quote: fb0f8570d9]

Also try this find the diagnostic connector jump the batt. To Fp terminal-do you hear the pump.[/Quote: fb0f8570d9]

By jumping it I get power to the plug at the fuel pump, but when I put the relay back in NO power to the plug at all. That would mean the relay is bad right?

Saturday, July 21st, 2007 AT 10:10 AM
  • rasmataz

Could be the relay, what about the power that goes to it from key is it there at the relay-if its there then its the relay.

Saturday, July 21st, 2007 AT 3:23 PM