84 Toyota Pickup get tired after about three hours

ZTITUS
  • 1984 TOYOTA PICKUP
I have a 84 pickup truck with an 22R engine. It was totally rebuilt last year. I changed the carberator about 5 months ago from the factory to an Holley II 64-9232/43-136. The chock wasn't opening up fast enough so I changed to a manuel chock. But that didn't fix the bucking problem.
So my problem is that after about three hours of driving in a day with little cool down time the engine begins to slow down, loose power and buck. But just at high speed such as on the freeway. It starts very small, like little hesitations, then gets worse as the drivng continues. Till I can't go over 2000 RPM, and have to take hills in second or third gear and at 25 MPH or less. If I turn it off it starts right back up fine, and can go a little while before it heats back up to normal temp and the problem comes back. It doesn't over heat, and idles fine. But I can't go very far till the next day after everything has had a chance to cool off. Whats the problem? How do I fix it?
any help would be apprecated! Thanks!
Monday, February 13th, 2006 AT 12:15 PM

JACK42
Fuel delivery
Tuesday, February 14th, 2006 AT 5:38 PM