1. Remove the brake pads and the caliper
2. Check the disc run-out at this point. Make a note of the results for use during installation.
3. Remove the grease cap from the hub. Remove the cotter pin and the castellated nut.
4. Remove the wheel hub with the brake disc attached.
5. Perform the disc inspection procedure as outlined in this section.
6. Coat the hub oil seal lip with multipurpose grease and install the disc/hub assembly.
7. Adjust the wheel bearing preload
8. Measure the disc run-out. Check it against the specifications and against the figures noted during removal.
If the wheel bearing nut is improperly tightened, disc run-out will be affected.
9. Install the remainder of the components
10. Bleed the brake system.
11. Road test the truck. Check the wheel bearing preload.
Friday, April 23rd, 2010 AT 11:17 AM