1980 TOYOTA PICKUP MY LIL PICKUP KEEPS CHOKING UP.

• Undeadvirus
  • 1980 Toyota Pickup

1980 Toyota Pickup 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic? Miles

I am a complete newbie when it comes to car repair, but am quite adept so please dumb it down a bit without making it retarded (acronyms for instance, try to dumb it down while giving the acronym so I'm not a dumbass)

Anyways, I just fired up an old 80 and the engine sounds great, one little problem, it keeps choking and dying on the side of the road whenever it goes up even the slightest incline. It's got juice but the only way to keep it alive is to tap the gas or eventually find the " sweetspot" where it'll jump forward at different points. My thought is, disdributor cap? And if it is, why would it only choke out going uphill? It had a hard time to get started when I found it, but once I blew through the carb it seemed to run fine, then this uphill issue started.

Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 8:07 PM

• rasmataz

Check and adjust the choke plate opening and also adjust the fast idle cam refer to the manual for specs

Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 8:12 PM