TOYOTA COROLLA WAGON 1990

• Dan_aa121w
  • 1990 TOYOTA COROLLA

I recently got the corolla wagon '90 from a friend at the time it would not start. It has around 200k miles, is automatic, 1.6 litre EFI 4FE motor, FWD.
it hadn't been running for about 6 months, I replaced the distributor cap w/leads and spark plugs. It then seemed to run fine as I remember, the weather was colder then and I still needed to replace the exhaust manifold, so it hasn't left the drive way yet. Now the weather is in the 80-90's it is missing sort of. (Sort of like it is running out of fuel)
The car starts fine and after running for a little while it will miss a few times then continue to idle fine, I can rev it up and it may also miss. Then at times it misses that bad that it finally stalls. I have checked the compression, temporary bloked of return fuel line from regulator incase that wasn't maintain pressure.
also tried the self diagnoises system, it just repeatedly flashed - no codes
Need help with ideas of what to check next. Or even better what it is.

Sunday, June 17th, 2007 AT 6:47 AM

• Linjo0708

91 corola wagon, auto, 2w, 137K, similar problem, it was the vacuum line leaking, check that!

Saturday, June 23rd, 2007 AT 10:40 AM