CAR WON'T ACCELERATE

• jaijai
  • Toyota Corolla

2000 Toyota Corolla - 111,000 miles

my car started rattling and then when I would push the gas pedal it would hesitate severely in taking off. I actually had to pump the pedal at times to get it to move. I took it to toyota and they said it was my catalytic converter. The muffler shop said that wasn't it. I had another mechanic check it on the diagnostic machine and it said O2 sensor and catalytic converter. I had these things fixed and still the problem persist. I then had the mass air flow and feul filter changed and it worked well for one day and then it did it again. It sounds like a diesel truck and I can feel it and hear it missing. All this started one month ago and no body knows what my problem is.

Saturday, June 24th, 2006 AT 10:12 AM

• rasmataz

What you probably hearing is detonation also called spark knock. Have your timing check for excessive advance, type of fuel being used, and the EGR operation.

Monday, June 26th, 2006 AT 4:17 AM