97' 1.6 130.000 MILES

1997 Toyota Corolla

tsample

June, 16, 2007 AT 4:57 PM

I own this 97' Toyota Corolla 1.6 ltr engine. This car has a hard time starting, and after a few tries it finally starts with heavy white smoke out the tailpipe, and engine shakes alot as well; while pressing on the gas pedal heavily to try to keep it started. I have started to take a look at different things. I first have come across oil in with the spark plug holes. I did not notice any oil specifically at the end of each plug after removing them(which are heavily worn) and inserting a towel to soak up any oil that may still be inside. I do have a oil leak, but not sure where it is coming from? I have also drained out all the oil for a 24hr period, and replaced the oil filter, but it is still trying to start the same way as before. I also see smoke coming from near the headers while trying to start the car.
This is the first time I have had any problems like this after owning it now for about 2 years. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may took a look at next?

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter