2006 Toyota Corolla P0606 - PCM Processor failure

JGZUAZUA
  • 2006 TOYOTA COROLLA
Computer problem
2006 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Automatic 72000 miles

I was driving on the highway and my cruise control light started blinking and stopped working. One hour later I got off the highway to get gas cause I was on flat empty. As I approached the gas station my check engine light came on, and although my car did not die, I lost power and it would not accelerate. I was able to pull a code(PCM Processor Failure). I had to get a tow truck to tow my car home(150 miles), when we got home 6 hours later the car started and ran fine and has been running perfect ever since. We have put about 200 miles on it, but do not trust it for extended trips.
What can I do?
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 AT 8:49 PM

MMPRINCE4000
Whenever you run the car out of gas (or close to out) the fuel pump can overheat. Gasoline cools the heat generated by the pump.

The PCM error would indicate a problem with the PCM or loose connection.
I would not drive it any long distance with a PCM error. I would take it to qualified machanic and have PCM scanned again for any current, history or pending codes.
-1
Monday, July 20th, 2009 AT 8:11 AM