2006 Toyota Corolla

CLAUDIAV
  • 2006 TOYOTA COROLLA
Computer problem
2006 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl 30000 miles

The technician told me that he thinks that my computer box in my car is broken, about how much would it cost to repair or replace it?
Tuesday, August 26th, 2008 AT 9:52 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

the first thing to do is make sure that the ECU is faulty as if you just replace it and a faulty wire or component is causing your problem, you may fry the new ECU and have no come back, find a tech that knows how to check the ECU out first.

Tuesday, August 26th, 2008 AT 9:55 PM
RDAVE63
I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla with 41,700 miles on it. I had the Engine Computer replaced today. The Toyota Dealership told me that Toyota is aware that they have been having malfunctions with the computer and the new one they installed is redesigned. They said the new redesigned computer does not malfunction and no one has returned to have them replaced. I was lucky I bought the extended warranty, because the standard warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles. To the guy who posted at the top, it would seem your car should still be under warranty if you only have 30,000 miles on it. Also, if Toyota knows that the original computer is defective, it would seem that they should be replacing it with the newer one. I would do more research on this issue and confront them. If they don't want to replace it, then there should be some kind of grievance policy where you can complain. I would continue to pursue it though if I were you.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008 AT 5:01 PM