2001 TOYOTA COROLLA IGNITION COIL ON SPARK PLUGS

• daddygal2007
  • 2001 Toyota Corolla

2001 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I own a 2001 Corolla S and changed the spark plugs recently. However, as I was doing this myself, I had removed all 4 of the ignition coils out in order to change the spark plugs. I didn't make any mark on them, so I didn't remember which coil should go into which well. The coils all look identical, Toyota part number 90080-19015. However, on the tip of the tubes, they were number N 6.29, N 6.32, N 6.34, and N 6.7. I am afraid to put them into wrong wells/cylinders and cause any damages to spark plugs and engine. Please tell me which coil goes in which wells. Thanks.

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 AT 3:20 AM

• rasmataz

Hi daddygal2007, and TY for the donation

Dunno about them no.s but here's another way of doing it. They are 4-wires to a coil/ignitor connector all the connectors has 3 the same color wires except one-this 4th color wire identifies what cylinder it goes to refer to diagram below

3-wires are Blk/White, Blue/Yellow, Brown

Cyl no.1 should have the Red and Blue

Cyl no.2 " " " Yellow and Green

Cyl no.3 " " " Gray

Cyl no.4 " " " White

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_cop_1.jpg

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 AT 4:55 AM