2000 Toyota Corolla Vacuum Hoses

DONPEDRO_81
  • 2000 TOYOTA COROLLA
I am installing a turbo in my 2000 Toyota Corolla but I do not know where all of the vacuum hoses or the oil inlet are and it does not have a diagram under the hood or in the Haynes repair manual. Can you help me out
Monday, March 10th, 2008 AT 3:58 PM

MMPRINCE4000
The vacuum would be needed for the wastegate, you would need to tee into manifold vacuum.
The oil supply is CRITICAL as well as return. Generally, you would tee into the oil pressure sender for supply and punch a hole in the pan for return.

You need to test and retest for oil supply to a turbocharger, their expected life without oil is about 25 seconds.

The most critical component to any forced induction system is reprogramming the ECM, more fuel at boost and less timing.

I would only use a synthetic oil and plugs at least 2 heat ranges colder.

Could you contact the manufacturer of the turbo?
Monday, March 10th, 2008 AT 5:42 PM
DONPEDRO_81
Ok thats all great but my question was where is the vacuum hose on the manifold and where are the oil supply lines?
Tuesday, March 11th, 2008 AT 1:56 PM
MMPRINCE4000
You would have to buy a brass "T" for the vacuum lines and tee into an existing manifold vacuum line.

For oil you would have to buy a larger brass "T", and remove the oil pressure sender.
This tee would have a male thread same size as the oil pressure sender, a female port for the oil pressure sender, and a male or female port to run an oil line to the turbo.
You would want to use Earls braided SS line from the tee to the turbo oil inlet, the fittings should be steel not anodized aluminum.
The return line should run continuesly downhill to the pan.
Coolant lines for the turbo should also be Tee'd into coolant lines BEFORE the thermostat (supply line would be from the engine block, there is one plug in the block). You would need a return line for coolant as well. (You would tee into a heater hose for return).

Didn't this turbo come with all the tee's necessary?
Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 8:32 AM
DONPEDRO_81
Look man I appreciate all the advice but my problem is WHERE the vacuum line and oil supply line are. But yes it did come with everything I need and I know how to set it up but thanks anyways.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 2:00 PM
MMPRINCE4000
Oil supply would come from the oil pressure sender in the block.

Vacuum would come from the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line.

You would use the supplied "T's" to get oil and vacuum to the turbo, yet keep the oil supply to the oil pressure sender and vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator.
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 5:10 AM