1999 Toyota Corolla Short in ECU Wiring Harness

DICKPOTTHOFF
  • 1999 TOYOTA COROLLA
My daughters car had an intermittent starting problem. A very astute mechanic discovered that, after the car was wrecked, a previous owner/mechanic had just stuffed the ECU? (My mechanic called it the PCM) into the console without it being in its case or being secured it place. He fix it and it worked well. A year goes by, daughter in different city, and it starts to do it again. I am assuming a broken wire in the harness connecting to the ECU/PCM box. QUESTION: How do I get to this unit to replace the wiring harness(es). What is the best way to verify which harness is the culprit? Thanks for your help.
Sunday, August 15th, 2010 AT 11:30 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

This loom, is a one piece loom and changing it would entail basically stripping the car down to its near bear frame, so repairing the problem is a better option, if you run a diagnostic scan you may get a code that will reflect the problem and then we can have a better chance to identify the suspect wire/s start here.

Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 6:14 AM