1997 Toyota Corolla dead fuel injector no power at wire to

BUILTROD
  • 1997 TOYOTA COROLLA
Is there a fuse or some kind of power pack that supplies power to injector? I do have power to three injectors not to one, changed injectors at different cylinders to see if injector was clogged it worked fine at different cylinder. Have spark at all spark plug wires everything worked fine before I powered washed engine. No power at wire that plugs in to injector
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 7:48 PM

The black wire on the injector harness connector is the hot side-the one that don't have power get a jumper wire and splice into another injector harness connector black wire and see what happens

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_injector_6.jpg

-1
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 8:18 PM
BUILTROD
Also I forgot to mention check engine light is on now as well, if I use jumper wire will that screw up firing order of fuel injectors? Again this all just happened after I washed engine, drove car around block then parked went to start a week later, thats when problems started
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 8:43 PM
The black wire on each injector is the power-it won't affect the F/O of the injectors they all tied into a splice look at the diagram-

Also try pulling the code/s from the computer
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 8:47 PM
BUILTROD
Can you use some kind of jumper to get codes?
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 9:08 PM
Can you use some kind of jumper to get codes? You need a scantool/code reader.
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 9:10 PM
BUILTROD
I was just asking because I use to be able to use a paper clip and you could use it as a jumper at the plug on the inside of the car on GM models then the code would flash at check engine light. If it turns out your info. Will help me to correct problem I will be happy to make a donation for your help. But right now funds are low as I am and have been out of work since Dec. Due to F*%ked up economy.
Thank you
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 9:41 PM
Bud-if its driveable take it to Autozone they'll do it for free. It use to be that way yours is a 97 and it needs a scanner to pull the OBD2 code/s
Thursday, August 20th, 2009 AT 1:12 AM