1992 Toyota Corolla indicator

MRJOEJOE
  • 1992 TOYOTA COROLLA
1992 Toyota Corolla Manual 155342 miles

when I turn on my car the right indicator signal is on, it does not flash when I want to indicate to the right nor does it turn off when I indicate to the left. When I put my hazard lights on they don't flash this is when the car is on. And when the car is off and I put the hazards on this is when the hazard lights only flash. I have replaced the relays and the flasher and yet the problem still exist. I have even taken out the flasher and relays and for some reason the right indicator is still on, even though it should be off? Also I have noticed when I go over speed humps the constant right indicator turns off and goes back to normal but after a short period of time or when I drive over a small ditch the constant right indicator lights up again and doesnt go away.

much help is appreciated.
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 8:56 AM

ZACKMAN
You have a short circuit in your multifunction switch causing the right turn signal to stay on continuously until you hit a bump.
Saturday, January 10th, 2009 AT 7:01 AM