1991 Toyota Corolla Question's:

DANNYMX89
  • 1991 TOYOTA COROLLA
Question #1:

One day, I went to go start my car, and it wouldn't start. So I got the battery checked, and it was good! I assumed it was the starter (Makes a single click, when you try to start it). So I went to AutoZone, and got a rebuilt one. I replaled it, but it still won't start. I tried jumping the car, and still nothing.

Question #2: (NOTE!) Car still has the problem from Question #1 also.

(Three days later.) My order of lights came in for the front, and back of my car, I went to go turn on my lights for my car but they won't turn on? They've always worked fine. So I Jumped the car and there the lights go! They turn on! But when you take the jump cables off, the car lights die?
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 AT 6:14 PM

MMPRINCE4000
Does the new starter turn the engine over or are you still getting a click?

What type of lights are you putting on, LED?
Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 AT 6:57 AM
DANNYMX89
Mmprince4000 Question:

DannyMX89 Reply:

Yes, it makes the click. But it doesn't crank, it makes no sound, when you turn the key, you hear click, just like the old one I had. And no zeeeee zeeee sound too. As if the engine isn't starting? Did I just waste $73 on a starter when I didn't need one?

->Battery<-

It also seems like the battery has no power left in it. It seems like it is draining. Three days ago it was half way on my Battery gauge, But now, it reads Zero! Why? I can't tell if it is the alternator, Because my engine won't even start!

I'm just going to go by a new battery, and see what happens next.
(I'll update you on what happens next.)

(What a HAEDACHE!) It's driving my NUTS!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mmprince4000 Question:

DannyMX89 Reply:

-> Front Car Lights <-
SYLVANIA H6054 SILVERSTAR HIGH PERFORMANCE HALOGEN SEALED BEAM HEADLIGHT -- Dual C-6 Filament For Both High And Low Beam, Low 55/High 65 Watts, The Brightest, Whitest, 100%

-> Back Car Lights <-
Unknown? I bought them at auto zone. I just matched the 4 digit # on the bulb,

Example: 1359
Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 8:25 PM
DANNYMX89
My Car information:

Toyota Model: Corolla GTS
Mileage: 156,000 (I just rounded it to 160,000)
Transmission: 5 Speed
Manual Engine: 4AGE 1587 cc 16 Valve DOHC EFI (AKA Twin Cam)
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Blueish
Body Style: 2 Door Coupe

(NOTE!) I had it for a week/drove normal for 3 days, and look at all these problems I'm dealing with now.
Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 8:31 PM
MMPRINCE4000
Check for 12V at starter connection (large wire), then raise car, put on stands. Check for voltage at small wire with key in start position.

It sounds like an ignition switch is bad. You also have a drain on the battery somewhere, most autoparts stores can perform a drain test.
Friday, June 12th, 2009 AT 7:16 AM
DANNYMX89
I replace the Battery Friday, and it worked! It started! But today Saturday at 11:00am, just one day after, I went to go start my car and it won't start anymore! What can this be?

I have a problem with my head lights too! AHHH! They won't turn off, even when you switch it off. So I took the relay out and it turned off.
Problem after problem.

MY GOD! Should I just give this car the the junk yard?
Saturday, June 13th, 2009 AT 10:41 AM
DANNYMX89
YES! My car works NOW! It was the starter wire that was bad! YES! I'm so happy now. I just replaced/rewired the starter wires.

And as for my head lights, they are working also! YES! Since my car didn't have fog lights, I took the fog light switch (12v). And I ran wires all the way to the HL relay. From there, I connected my Pos+ & Neg- and ground. WOOLAH! Now to turn the HL on & off by just pressing the switch!

Thank for helping/replying me back, mmprince4000.

WHAT A RELIEF!
DannyMX89.
Sunday, June 14th, 2009 AT 7:11 AM
MMPRINCE4000
Great news! Thanks for using 2carpros.
Sunday, June 14th, 2009 AT 7:39 AM