1991 Toyota Corolla Engine dragging then engine automatical

VOLTZ
  • 1991 TOYOTA COROLLA
Dear sir, Thanks for the wonderful service your doing. I am from Philippines and thus know very little about the cars out here. I bought my Toyota corolla 1991 model year 1995 second hand and I had the regular oil changes done every 15000km and cleaning of aircon every 6 months.
Now my problem is I did not use my car for almost a month due to engine problem. The last time I use my car, the car is dragging and the engine automatically shut off. Every time happen this thing, I will continue to start again the engine ( hard start) before you start the engine, after a miles the problem comes again.
I already change the Spark plug and cleaning the carburator system but the problem stil there. Other mechanics advice me to change the engine than to repair the engine, because I will spend to much money for the repair than to buy a new second hand engine.
Advanced thanks for helping me, This is my first car I bought when I married and until now I'm using this car for my family.
Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 AT 6:33 PM

MMPRINCE4000
Whenever you "store" a car or leave it set for extended periods of time, you MUST put a fuel stabilizer in it. Gasoline will deteriorate over time and will cause varnish to build up and clog up everything.

Try a can of Seafoam in the tank, cost is about $10.

Check fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge, see if it is a bad fuel pump.

If you have to replace engine, find a used one.
Thursday, February 12th, 2009 AT 6:41 AM