1989 Toyota Corolla Starting issue

JAKEINHELL0408
  • 1989 TOYOTA COROLLA
I have a car that will not start. I do not know alot about the history of the car but I do know a few things. For a while now, it has stayed running after you turn the ignition off a few times and sometimes it is hard to start but the owner said he changed his fuel filter once a month. The car was ran out of gas a couple days ago and hasn't ran right since. That's the story. I have replaced the plugs, cap/wires, and
rotor. I have spark and I have fuel to the carb. Can you please tell me what to do next? Thank you for your time. (1.6L)
Saturday, August 15th, 2009 AT 10:39 PM

MHPAUTOS
HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

I feel that your problem may be the ignition switch, as the running when turned off is usually this switch. Now you will need to check that you have 12V at the small wire at the starter when you have the key on crank, if this is not the case then I feel that the switch will be faulty, start here.

Sunday, August 16th, 2009 AT 2:12 AM