ENGINE IS CRANKING BUT WONT START

1977 Toyota Corolla

Cabose

August, 24, 2009 AT 11:33 AM

1977 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 552562 miles

Hey, I'm sitting on the side of the highway with a pretty basic tool kit. Funny thing is I get service, anyway engine is cranking but wont start. Befoer I pulled over the Radiator boiled over (Forgot to put the radiator cap on) Have done that on now. Also Car was low on fuel, but Iv filled it up now. Any hints that dont include a tow truck.
Thanks in advance

August, 24, 2009 AT 3:29 PM

Remove the sparkplugs and check for coolant if there's any -you blew the headgasket if none check for spark and fuel then get back

Cabose

August, 25, 2009 AT 10:50 AM

Ha ha next day service I like that. Yea I checked all of that and I couldn't get a spark so I worked my way back and couldn't get a spark from the ignition coil either though I am pretty sure it was getting power and I don't think it was broken. I did a sort of Micky mouse experiment and got it to spark. And all the wires running to it seemed to be fine.
I'm just kinda curious at this point
Thanks again

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang