Turning not starting

PAY4LESSCARS1
  • 2014 TOYOTA CAMRY
I replaced the crank sensor and both cam sensors, checked for spark: yes
I pulled fuel line checked for fuel : yes
it basically bogs when I hit gas to crank it. And it seems so close to wanting to crank but does not. Please if you can help.
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:16 PM

WRENCHTECH
You need a lot more accurate testing than the way you are doing it.

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can only be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem is not present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That is what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the positive terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.
+1
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:27 PM
PAY4LESSCARS1
Okay, it gave me the 0304 cam code and multiple misfire. Am I suppose to align the sensors I changed or something? Thank you.
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:34 PM
WRENCHTECH
No, that is not a cam code. That is a misfire on cylinder number four which had to be set while it was still running because it takes a while running to set that code.
Monday, October 10th, 2016 AT 4:44 PM