Window regulator?

CHEVY_GUY_1988
  • TOYOTA CAMRY
My gf has a 94 toyota camry with 141xxx miles, automatic, fwd. Ok, now that thats out of the way. Her little brother likes to slam car doors, when he did so he cause a window to just fall down into the door panel when it was cracked open about 1/4 of the way. I have removed the door panel and it looks like her window motor uses cables to pull the window up and down. I can physically move the window up until the point she had it cracked. It still will not hold it though, it just falls back down, the window motor operates but does not do anything. On the bottom of the motor there looks as if to be two plastic pieces held together by a spring. They had seperated from the slam and I cant get them back together. Im thinking the cables are the issue. Would she have to buy a whole new window motor or am I just looking in the wrong spot all together?
Sunday, September 16th, 2007 AT 9:44 AM

FISHERMAN
The motor has a plastic "pulley" with a couple of turns off the cable. That way every time its turning (up or down) it has "traction" looks like those turns are un-winding
and its a little bit hard to "re-coil" them. But try it!

Un_cover the other side and compare it to the one you are working with.

By the way. The springs are just tensioners of the steel wire.

Apply some grease on the sliders also.

Hope it help!
Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 AT 2:31 PM
BUZZSAW
There are a couple plastic pieces with steel knobs thoes are your prob and a easy fix not pullys
Friday, September 21st, 2007 AT 11:36 PM