REAR PASSENGER TIRE

Toyota Camry

whitneyjos

July, 19, 2007 AT 10:19 AM

Rear passenger tire on 1999 Camry wears faster than other tires and blows out regularly. The car has been aligned, tires rotated, etc. Since buying the car in 2001, I have replaced the rear passenger tire 12 times. Any possible causes outside of buying 12 " bad" tires? The latest tire is less than 1 month old and just blew out yesterday. Could it be a bent bar? To my knowledge, the car has not been involved in a wreck. This has gotten very frustrating and any suggestions regarding how to keep this from happening would be greatly appreciated.

Wheel Assembly

Left Wheel Drags

mhpautos

July, 19, 2007 AT 6:33 PM

Hi there,

Where is the tyre scrubbing out? On the inside or the out side? This will be an indication where the fault lies, Something is bent, that is a given tyres dont scrub out because they want to annoy you. A 4 wheel alignment will pin point the fault but an indication as to where the tyre is scrubbing will be a big help.

Upper Control Arm Replacement