94 LE, 117K

1994 Toyota Camry

stancooksj

February, 23, 2006 AT 2:11 PM

Ok I definitely know I need a radiator, but if this is busted, does this cause coolant to leak profusely? Also, I could start the car with the busted radiator, yet now I can't. I tried to get it to a shop and of course the car was starting to overheat, but I never let it go pass red. Then I heard this loud knocking sound like maybe the fans were hitting something, and when I turned it off, it wouldn't start back up. In fact its not turning over. It will crank, but it won't turn. Also, the car was at normal temp when this happened. I think it might be the fuel pump or maybe it might have something to do with the busted radiator, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

fisherman

February, 23, 2006 AT 4:13 PM

Your engine has been damaged.
Yes. I know that you didnt let the temp. Go over. But,
with no water the sensor cant readl the temperature.

The temperature sensor is not able to sense the air temp.

You should take the radiator off at home.

stancooksj

February, 23, 2006 AT 4:22 PM

So that means I need to get my engine replaced? : ( : ( Or repaired? What do you think would be my best option to get it replaced?

fisherman

February, 23, 2006 AT 4:37 PM

Probably your head gasket its the only thing its busted, check around for repair prices. Do you check your oil level?
Sometimes when your engine its overheated the oil got burn and with no lubrication the damage its more extense.

Did you check for oil-water mix on your engine?

stancooksj

February, 23, 2006 AT 10:34 PM

Actually, this happened right after my regular oil change. I think the oil levels might be ok since it was done very recently, but I'll check.

Thanks Fisherman : )

atl0369

February, 28, 2006 AT 9:55 PM

You sized your motor man, sorry to tell you this but it just happened to a friedn of mine, she got it hot and it clunked and then she turned it off and it siezed the pistons cause the pistons swell up in the cylender when you get it to hot, sorry man ur engine is skrewed.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test