92 Toyota Camry will not stay started

MELHERN
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have a 92 toyota camry it has been to 4 different shops and no one can find out what is wrong with it I have replaced the spark plugs, rotor spark plug wires, the first shop said it was the pick up coil and they replaced that and it did not work, the second shop said that it was the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator the third shop said it was not the fuel pump nor the regulator and that it points back to the ditributor or the ignition and that he could not figure out what was wrong it and now the fourth shop is still trying to figure it out it does turn over but it runs pretty bad and when you try to back it out it dies its a 1992 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder
Sunday, October 7th, 2007 AT 11:16 AM

FISHERMAN
Hello!

Its the CEL on? (Check engine light)

Do they check the IAC sensor? (Idle air control sensor)

How about the TPS? (Throttle position sensor)

And the Maf sensor (mass air flow sensor)

all of the above work in conjuction with the computer to control the idle the mixture air/gas ratio and the duration lenght of the injectors.
And of course with more sensor.
But those are the ones to check first.
And sometimes didn t trown a CEL.

Let us know.
Sunday, October 7th, 2007 AT 6:17 PM