2004 Camry Cold Starting Problem

FRANK2223
  • 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY
For the last three months my car (50K miles) has had difficulty starting after it has set for several hours. Will try to crank it and the car turns over but won't fire up. Will take three or four tries before it finally catches and starts. Once it finallly starts it runs fine. If I cut it off and try to start it up shortly after it has started, it starts up fine every time.

For some reason this hard start problem only appears when the car has been sitting for several hours.

Took it to the dealership (twice) - nothing came up on the diagnostic, problem didn't occur for them. They replaced my battery and battery cables. Then took it to a mechanic - no error codes appeared for him. He cleaned the injectors just in case. Problem still there.

On my own I: (a) cleaned the throttle plate; and (b) replaced the spark plugs. Worked fine for three days after spark plugs replaced then problem returned.

Not sure what to do at this point. Purchased car brand new w/ 3 miles back in 2004 specifically because I believed that Camrys were reliable.

At this point, I am thinking about replacing the ECT sensor.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thursday, October 18th, 2007 AT 3:21 PM

FISHERMAN
Hello !
Have you check the cold start valve?

Let me know.
Thursday, October 18th, 2007 AT 4:33 PM