1997 Toyota Camry Draging brakes

FAST FRANK
  • 1997 TOYOTA CAMRY
I just completed a brake job and changed all calpers, pads and rotors. I bled the brakes and I had no pedal. I replaced the master cylinder and then I got a good pedal. I took the car out for a test run and everything was OK. The next day I was going to work and started to go on the highway and the car started to shake. I pulled over and the brake pedal was very hard. I started again and then the shaking went away and the pedal was back to normal. This has happened other times and I do not know what the problem is.
Tuesday, April 21st, 2009 AT 5:18 PM

1997 Toyota Camry Draging brakes

DRAGGING BRAKES May create a steering pull and/or increased fuel consumption. Caused by weak or broken retracting springs on drum brakes, a jammed or corroded caliper piston, a floating caliper with badly corroded mounting pins or bushings (uneven pad wear between the inner and outer pads is a clue here), overextended drum brake self-adjusters or a sticky or frozen emergency brake cable.
Tuesday, April 21st, 2009 AT 5:27 PM