1997 Toyota Camry A/C

STEVENKRONTZ
  • 1997 TOYOTA CAMRY
With A/C running my car in drive stopped at a stop light, foot on the break I can feel my car jerk and watch the rpm's drop and surge back up again quickly. I was wondering what on the air conditioning unit would make the car drop the tach slightly and jump back up again This only happens when the car is under a load in drive or reverse with the A/C on. With A/C off or the car in park there is no problems. Something on the A/C is what I am thinking and is it replaceable by itself because the A/C work great very cold, so I really was hoping not to have to replace the whole compressor since it works so good?
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 4:17 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

On the end of the inlet manifold is the A/C idle up valve, this picks up the engine revs slightly whit the A/C on, I would say that this is not working, get your mechanic to check it out, it may only be a broken vacuum hose or a faulty valve, start here.

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 5:23 PM
STEVENKRONTZ
As I have stated I am pretty sure it's on the A/C, I really wanted to know if it is replaceable on the A/C compressor because the A/C works so well?
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 5:49 PM
MHPAUTOS
This valve is part of the A/C system, it is what controls the idle step up when the A/C is on, it is the load of the A/C working that pulls the idle down, this valve compensates and steps the idle up with the A/C on.

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 AT 9:33 PM
STEVENKRONTZ
Let me ask this way then, there is a clutch assembly on the A/C is this valve in that assembly to were I can replace it or do I need to replace the whole A/C compressor. Sound like a circuit or something exterior to the compressor that controls the the A/C load Idle up. Is the A/C pump in two different parts, I have to know is this part replaceable with out entering the Freon system of the A/C?
Thank you, Steve
Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 6:23 AM
STEVENKRONTZ
I am writing this because the website clearly states that if you are not
satisfied with the answer you get then the site will refund your money. I have
had to ask three times and the third time I am not getting an answer in a timely
fashion. The answer is all but the one question I would like to know. If I do
not get a responds by the end of the day (which I think is more then fair) then
I will be forced to claim faults advertising with the Better Business Bureau.
Question: Can I replace more than one part on the A/C compressor of a 1997
Toyota Camry?

Thank you,
Steve
Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 1:20 PM