1996 Toyota Camry cooling fans

TYLERBDAD
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
Car started overheating changed the thermostat and radiator.I noticed that the cooling fans were not coming on.Wife says she noticed it about the time car started to overheat.Both motors on fans work I made jumper to battery.Changed 30 amp fuse links and 1 relay inbox beside battery. Both fans work when air is on now but radiator fan doesn't come on by it's self when you start car with air off.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/173611_girl_apply_mascara_1.jpg

Note round silver fan motor relays in fuse block seem to be very warm at times
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 4:17 PM

M_H_RITZEL
When you turn the ac on the fans are suppose to run as well when you put the window defroster. The rest of the time the are off until the temperature reaches a certain temperature. You should have two fans. The problem could be in the temperature sending unit for the fans. With the fans running check to see if one or both are making a noise to see if one or both motors could be going bad.
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 5:00 PM