1993 Toyota Camry overheating

ARAGON52
  • 1993 TOYOTA CAMRY
I had my heads redone about a year ago. Ran well for about 6 months then started to act the same way. Talked to the mechanic who did the job and I told him I suspected either the gasket went on the passenger side or I have a small crack in the head. I had put in a stop leak and this allowed it to run great for another 6 months but I am afraid it is a crack in the head because it only happens when it gets really hot and you can see bubbles in the overflow tank. I went ahead and got a new head delivered to me and I was wonder what is the best head gasket to get. I understand there were issues with the aluminum heads and cast iron bodies for that year. Which would be better, OEM, Fel Pro, or Victor Rienz gaskets or mls type gaskets.

Before he puts the head on I want to make sure I use the best gasket for sealing. FYI, I had him pull the #1 spark plug and I can tell its not normal, this would go along with the rough idle I get everytime I suspect what ever is going on starts to happen.
Thanks,

Tim
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 2:51 PM

New head go with the OEM part
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 3:03 PM