1992 Toyota Camry Two Part/ Thermostat & Outer Door Han

DRAGONWOLFE
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
My Camry has been very relaible, but he/she's in need of some care.
One, I need to replace the thermostat, so I can stay warm inside in the winter, so I need to replace that

ALSO, the rear passenger door handle is becoming detached/hard to use.
Friday, March 14th, 2008 AT 1:45 PM

MERLIN2021
Let the engine cool off, then drain it down about a gallon, there is a draicok on the bottom of the radiator, then follow the upper radiator hose to the engine, there you will find the thermostat at the end of the hose, unbolt the two bolts. Leave the hose attached to the housing. Scrape old gasket from both mating surfaces, install new thermostat, spring towards the engine. Install the gasket, snug the housing bolts! Not to tight and bring the housing down evenly. Refill the coolant and that's it!
You might want to make sure the heater core isn't clogged while youre at it. Try warming the Vehicle, then carefully feel the heater hoses, are they both hot? If one is cooler than the other, You need to flush the core, or do a replacement job on the heater core. Also if the system has a heat control valve on the heater hose, make sure it is working! Also check the thermostat, and the temperature blend door, thats under the dash, in the heater plenum. You can flush this yourself, buy the prestone flush kit and install the tee in the heater return line. Disconnect the heater hose at the waterpump, clamp the hose in back of the tee you installed and back flush till it runs clear.20 mins or so.
As for the handle, remove the dorr trim panel inside, reach in and tighten the nuts holding the handle on.
Friday, March 14th, 2008 AT 1:55 PM