1992 Toyota Camry Crooked Axel?

VICIOUZ
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
Tires and Wheels problem
1992 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I took my car in because the brakes were squeeking. And they told me my axel is crooked and the CV joint boots are leaking. He sqeezed them to death and yes they oozed yummy black stuff. Everyone I told about this has never heard of a crooked axel and I can't seem to find anything about it on the net. Wouldn't I be able to tell if my axel is crooked while driving? My car drives fine and does not jerk around the road. Was he taking advantage of me or does this exist? Also people told me I don't have to change my cv boots anytime soon. How long can I go without changing them? Thanks ya'll rock!
Monday, September 22nd, 2008 AT 5:11 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

Ok, were did they ooz from the end or somewhere in between. If somewhere in between then I would suggest replacing the CV Axle not just the boots, if there is any chance that dirt, water or anything else could have gotten in and start wearing on the bearings. Plus it would be cheaper believe it or not or at least it should be. Because it won't take as long to do the job.

And Yes if you had a bent CV Axle you would feel a vibration or a shake.
Monday, September 22nd, 2008 AT 5:23 PM