1991 Toyota Camry NO REVERSE AND NEUTRAL AFTER REBUILDING

MURETO
  • 1991 TOYOTA CAMRY
1991 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive 175000 miles

INITIALLY CAR HAD NO FOWARD DRIVING. I BOUGHT THE MASTER KIT AND REPLACED ALL DISCS, PLATES, SEALS, GASKETS, BAND AND FILTER. THE DISCS ON FOWARD CLUTCH WERE TOTAL BAD. THE OTHER CLUTCHS DISCS WERE OKAY. AFTER FINISH THE JOB I ENDED UP WITH OKAY FORWARD DRIVING ON D, 2 AND L BUT NO REVERSE OR NEUTRAL. BESIDE THIS PROBLEM IF SHUT THE ENGINE ON NEUTRAL, THE WHEELS DON'T MOVE AT ALL. I REOPENED THE PAN AND CHECKED MANUAL VALVE AND PAWL LOCK LEVER AND SPRINGS AND THEY ARE OKAY. MAY GUESS IS THE PISTON ON THE REVERSE CLUTCH IS NOT MOVING OR IS STOCKED. I NEED SOME HELP TO FIX THIS AND I APPRECIATED ANY IMPUT HELP.

MICHAEL
NEW JERSEY
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 AT 4:25 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

There is no way of knowing what has gone wrong here, the only thing to do ids pull it out and strip it back down, and check your work with the manual step by step, it may just be a bit of grime fouling a valve, transmissions must be spotless, I wont even attempt to do transmissions in my work shop, I leave them to the experts in this field.

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 AT 6:22 AM