My 4runner has never had a history of overheating, or even getting close to it ever before, until now. It overheated one time, I let it cool down to drive it home (about 4 miles away). By the time I got home, the temperature had risen again. I let it cool down again, filled up the coolant, and allowed it to sit again. When I started it up again after 15 minutes, thick, white smoke was coming from the exhaust. It smelled like antifreeze. I turned it off again, and now it won't start up. What could the problem be, and how much do you think it would cost to fix?
have the same problem?
Monday, February 13th, 2006 AT 10:12 PM