The e-brake engaged while driving 55 mph

VEDMONDS
  • 2003 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
When I pulled over to check why that was happening the car had died not sure if it died before or after it engaged itself due to it being a really quite car. Either way it will not start back up and makes a clicking sound when I try to start it, I have replaced the starter as that is what people kept telling me to do but just like I suspected it still will not start. Now it seems as if when I press in the clutch and brake and go to turn the key it pulls power from the battery, still getting the clicking sound, but when I left off of both the battery is fine. Thanks for any advice I'm pretty lost, I thought it might be either the wheel speed sensor or the crankshaft sensor but honestly Im not sure how to tell if those are bad and wanted to get a better opinion before buying either part.
Friday, May 15th, 2015 AT 7:28 PM

FIRST OFF

LET'S INSURE THE KEYS ARE OUT OF IT, CHOCKED WHEELS, IN NEUTRAL

CAN YOU ROTATE THE ENGINE ONE FULL TURN, OR TWO, WITH A WRENCH. ROTATE IT IN THE NORMAL DIRECTION IT TURNS (WE'RE SEE-UN IF THE ENGINE IS SOME HOW LOCKED UP DUE TO THE SUDDEN STOPPAGE)?

PIC OF DOIN' THIS ON MY '77 JEEP CJ-5 BELOW

MY SCHOOL PAL SNATCHED UP ON THE E-BRAKE IN AN AMC GREMLIN I WAS DRIVING (TO BE FUNNY)(WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG/ STUPID, YOU THINK YOU ARE INVINCIBLE!), NOT A GOOD THING AT SPEED, SCARED THE DOOKEY OUT OF ME!

IF IT WILL TURN OVER-MAYBE IT'S JUST SOMETHING STUPID

LET'S NOT "ASSUME" MR. BATTERY IS GOOD...NEW ONES CAN BE BAD

TAKE IT TO A POPULAR PARTS STORE FOR THOROUGH TESTING, USUALLY THIS IS A COMPLEMENTARY SERVICE.

IN ORDER TO GO FURTHER, WE MUST KNOW THE BATTERY IS GOOD

THE REST OF THIS IS JUST PLAIN OLE EZ COMMON SENSE STUFF, THIS MAY COST YOU NOTHING, OR MAYBE JUST A BATTERY CLAMP OR SUCH

PLEASE READ MY LINK, PICS AT THE END

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

OTHER THAN MY SUGGESTIONS, I'M NOT GONNA BE MUCH MORE HELP

GOOD LUCK!

LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS

Friday, May 15th, 2015 AT 8:22 PM