Blinking TCL light

JGONZALEZ714
  • 2002 MITSUBISHI DIAMANTE
The TCL off indicator lights brinks on and off. What should be the problem? Thanks
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 2:07 PM

Scan for codes it might be an ABS problem as it knocks off traction control when there is a problem with ABS.
+1
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 3:56 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Thank you Hmac 300. I have a another question, if that is the problem with the ABS does it also create problem with the acceleration or the the rpm's. Sometimes, it turns off the car when I am waiting for a red light.
+1
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 4:06 PM
It may be low fuel pressure or something else. Try cleaning throttle plate on both sides and IAC hole with choke cleaner may solve that.
+2
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 5:03 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Thank you again, Hmac. What is or are ABS and IAC hole? Thanks again.
Thursday, November 24th, 2016 AT 11:49 AM
Anti lock brake system and idle air control which is an oblong hole by throttle plate.
+1
Thursday, November 24th, 2016 AT 4:33 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Hello Hmac 300. I put the car in the machine for codes as you suggested. These are the codes:
P0113
P0107
P1102
Do you know the meaning of it? Thanks
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 10:13 AM
Check for a vacuum leak like a hose off/broken etc. Or it may be the things listed like air intake baro sensors and ventilation control solenoid which may be the vent solenoid for canister for fuel it may also be a bad PCM.
+1
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 1:13 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Thank you so much Hmac 300. You had been a great help. I cleaned the IAC hole with choke cleanser, and it feels a lot better.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 1:31 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Hmac. One more thing, what is PCM? When you said a bad PCM. Again, thanks a lot
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 1:35 PM
KEN
PCM (powertrain control module) this is the computer of the car.

Here is a guide that will help explain it better.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-a-car-computer-works-pcm-ecm-bcm

Please use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help and tell a friend.

Best, Ken
Saturday, November 26th, 2016 AT 8:38 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Thank you very much all that information, it has been very helpful. I followed your advice and I purchased a choke cleaner and did to the IAC and throttle place all around. The car drive does not stop or lower the rpm's. However, the TCL still comes out after ten minutes or so of driving. The light does not brink like it did before, but it comes out. Do not know what it means now, do I have to change the ABS? Thanks
Sunday, November 27th, 2016 AT 10:06 AM
Did you check for the things I told you in the past replies? If not get it scanned again by a mechanic so he can tell you what needs to be fixed it can be a lot of things causing the aABS to go out.
+1
Sunday, November 27th, 2016 AT 12:24 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Thanks Hmac. Do you think it can be the ABS's sensors. They have four, one in each wheel, right?
Sunday, November 27th, 2016 AT 12:53 PM
Yes, it can be anything until it is scanned you do not know where to start.
+1
Sunday, November 27th, 2016 AT 1:37 PM
KEN
Hey Jgonzalez714,

Yes it could be one of the sensors here is a guide that will show you how to test them.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-wheel-speed-sensor-test

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken
+2
Monday, November 28th, 2016 AT 8:38 AM
JGONZALEZ714
Hello again. I have another problem or concern. I arrow of the temperature is going up a little higher than usual. I check the coolant tank, and it is normal. What can be the problem.
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 AT 3:48 PM
This can be anything if goes to hot then have it checked for a head gasket problem. In the future POST your questions not as a reply.
+1
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 AT 4:46 PM
JGONZALEZ714
I am sorry for not responding promptly, If it is not head gasket, would be the temperature sensor. Thanks
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 2:15 PM
I kind of doubt it if it's overheating it wouldint be a sensor scanning that was done would have shown it.
+1
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 3:24 PM
JGONZALEZ714
Hello HMCAC 300. Several months ago I contacted you about the TCL lights coming on and off. I continue to have the same problem, and now it turns and car on and off, even when I am driving. So, yesterday I scan the car for possible problems again. This is the result and I need your help, please. This the code P1102 - Traction Control Ventilation Solenoid Circuit, which indicates that with the engine running for a predetermined period of time the PCM detected the T/C ventilation solenoid motor failed the Comprehensive Component Monitor rationality test.
The Code went further to tell me that: The Traction Control Diagnostic Trouble Code 72 or 73, "Vacuum/Ventilation Control Solenoid Circuit System"may set and the TCL light may come on, due to excessive ignition signal interference affecting the voltage in the TCL solenoid valve harness. This may also cause MFI DTC P1101 or P1102 to set in the PCM. To eliminate this condition, install a noise filter in the wiring harness at the distributor connector.
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 AT 3:59 PM