2005 Suzuki XL7 Shifting transfer case from neutral back in

SANFORDG
  • 2005 SUZUKI XL7
I do not have an owner's manual for this vehicle and after I tow it behind my RV (4 wheels on the ground), I am having trouble getting the transfer case to re-engage. Can you tell me the correct procedure?
Wednesday, August 5th, 2009 AT 7:06 AM

DAVE H
Transfer Construction
WARNING:For towing the vehicle for the purpose of repair or the like, follow the towing instructions in owner's manual.

The aluminum transfer case directly connected to the back of the transmission contains the input gear, countershaft and gear, output rear shaft, output low gear and output front shaft (for front drive) connected by way of the hyvo-chain. The transfer has such a selective mechanism as to enable the shift control lever to make selection of high speed (direct connection with transmission output: main shaft), low speed (speed reduction by input gear, counter gear and output low gear) or neutral by way of the reduction sleeve located between input gear and output low gear, and selection of two-wheel-drive (high speed only) or four-wheel-drive (high or low speed) by way of the front drive clutch sleeve located at the center of the output rear shaft. Also, with a synchronizer installed to the front drive clutch, it is possible to change the drive mode between 2WD (high speed only) and 4WD (high speed only) even while running. The front drive shift fork has an auxiliary spring to make a smooth shift from "4H" to "2H" possible. The case has an oil gutter and a plate at synchronizer to provide proper lubrication even under the strict conditions of use.
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 4:20 AM