1999 SUZUKI JIMNY OVER HEATING

• janbo
  • 1999 Suzuki Jimny

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Suzuki Jimny 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 43000 miles

Recently my vehicle ran out of water on a quite short journey and the 'check engine' light came on. The system was refilled and later on my return home, the temp gauge flew up. Water was still in the expansion bottle, so repair man called. He checked it out and believed that at the back of the engine, the plate had loosened and the coolent was leaking. This was repaired and I went on my way. A further 8 miles down the road, the temperature gauge went up again. He was called again. Checks were done again. This went on until I reached home. All in all 6hrs to travel a 40 mile journey, this did include the 1.5 hrs wait for the repair man. Any ideas, as I don't want a garage to rip me off, saying it could be this and that and it costing me a fortune.

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 AT 4:16 AM

• rasmataz

1999 Suzuki Jimny OVER HEATING. Did the mechanic checked the thermostat if not try replacing it and see what happens if it continues get it block and pressure tested.

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 AT 4:31 AM