Cost Of Rear Wheel Bearing Repair?

SUBARUMAN
  • SUBARU

I have a 1998 subaru Forester with about 117,000 miles. I have had to have the rear right wheel bearing replaced, and shortly after, the left rear wheel bearing. Weird Noises never really ceased, (humming, whirring, llow grinding noises from the back) no matter how many times I took it back to the mechanic for the 2nd bearing. He said it was old scalloped tires. I put on new ones, and only 8 months later had it aligned. A rubbing grinding sound ensued when I turned the wheel to the righ. One year after the 2nd bearing was done, a new mechnaic yesterday discovered the left rear wheel bearing is shot! Loose even!

How much should the rear wheel bearing repair cost, labor and matieriais to do it right? (He says there are varying gardes of bearings, and I may have had the cheapper put in the last time)

Friday, April 14th, 2006 AT 12:23 PM

LOSONE

It shouldn't be over $100 a wheel. STAY away from bearings made in CHINA! Good luck

Friday, April 14th, 2006 AT 5:00 PM