1996 Subaru Legacy Is this related or different problem.

SIXSTARS96
  • 1996 SUBARU LEGACY
  • AWD
A few months ago I had to have the computer in my subaru replaced, as I was told it was the reason my ignition coil packs kept "blowing up" on me, and the reason for various misfires. Seen it was replaced all has been fine.

The other day though, I pushed my cig lighter in and when I pulled it out the lighter wasn't hot but the inside was smoking, I haven't tested it since. But I did notice the other night that the lights by the gear shifter are no longer lighting up.

The following day, my car overheated and I discoverd a leak with the antifreeze, a subaru mechanic said it was the water pump.

My question is could these two things be related, or are they completly separate, the lighter & the water pump. It doesn't seem likely since they're both no where near each other.

Also, I don't care about blowing the fuse to my cig ligther, but could blowing this fuse harm anything with the ignition coil pack, or the computer?
Monday, July 21st, 2008 AT 10:28 AM

74XR7
Unrelated.
Wednesday, August 20th, 2008 AT 1:05 AM