OIL LEAKS FROM ENGINE?

1999 Subaru Forester

argh!

April, 14, 2010 AT 8:34 AM

1999 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 93,000 miles

My Subaru had a leak which appeared to be coming from the oil pan/front of the car. The gasket was changed, along with 2 exhaust gaskets, as the exhaust needed to be disconnected from the engine in order to lift the engine out to get to the oil pan.

The next morning there was a fresh oil spot on my driveway as if nothing had been done to the car. I got under the car and saw that the underside of the car was moist with oil in the same spot as it had been before I brought the car in.

Called the mechanic, he said that my car had numerous leaks, that the entire back side of the engine was covered with oil and that I needed to have the main engine seal replaced. I questioned why he would send me home when the " entire back of the engine" was covered with oil. I am also curious why the leak is exactly in the same place as it was before I brought it in. From the front of the car.

Please help me with this problem. I am female and stupid. I don't know if I should go back to him for further repairs, take my car to the dealership for an evaluation or what to do at this point. Thank you in advance

Oil Leak From Engine

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front