STEERING

2002 Ford Taurus

msamples66

May, 3, 2013 AT 7:53 AM

Sons vehicle made a turn into a shopping ctr on a slightly raised slope. He hears a crunch, felt he got snagged on concrete somehow, smells a burned oil smell, then vehicle starts pulling to one side and making clanking noises when turning the steering wheel. I looked underneath, nothing is hanging or seems broken. Everything I touched seemed attached appropriately. There are no fluids on the ground under the vehicle, or across the path the vehicle traveled when the crunch sound happened. The steering wheel makes a clanking sound every couple of inches turning it either way. It doesn't seem to want to turn one way more than the other but it will and does turn. The wheels are facing in the same directions correctly and the belt is tight. What's wrong with this car and how much is it going to cost me?

hmac300

May, 3, 2013 AT 10:03 AM

I'd bet the son did more than a crunch. Have the fornt end checked locally for a better quote on price they have to see what is wrong with it first.

msamples66

May, 3, 2013 AT 10:16 AM

I checked the car out myself. Did some research. Pretty sure I know whats wrong with it. The cv joint broke. Shouldnt cost too much to fix. Having it towed tonight even though its still driveable. Don't want to make it worse. Thanks. M

hmac300

May, 3, 2013 AT 10:17 AM

They are about $110-150 at an auto parts store if you wan tot do it yourself.

Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe