Starting problems

DAVID W. CHAPMAN
  • 2012 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I bought this truck about one month ago. I have problems starting it after stopping and trying to restart it this has happened a few this. Some times it takes longer then others. Everything works wont turn over. I have a new battery. Need some help please.
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 9:42 AM

Try resetting security system if no manual look online on how to do it for your truck. then check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 12:08 PM
DAVID W. CHAPMAN
The truck wont try to start it wont turn over. If it was fuel pressure it would try and would not fire off. When the truck does not start I can sit there and keep trying and it will turn over and then start and be fine till it wants to do this again.
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 1:48 PM
Check battery for condition including load test most places do for free. If you hear a click at starter have somebody try to start it and you hit the body of the starter with a hammer. If it starts the starter is more than likely bad. If you do not hear a click or anything similar then it is probably a security issue so if no manual look online for your vehicle on how to reset it. It may be the problem anyhow due to you replacing battery because when you replace a battery it engages the security feature.
-1
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 3:34 PM
DAVID W. CHAPMAN
Load test was done after new battery everything showed good. This was doing this before new battery. The starter does not click. Would the security issue come and go? Would it not do it all the time?
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 3:50 PM
DAVID W. CHAPMAN
The truck does start and run most of the time. I have this problem that seems to happen more and more.
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 4:17 PM
I think your security system is messed up and the only way to check is with a pro scanner that most mechanics have, the old battery could have caused some of it, but putting a new battery in normally engages the security and it may not happen immediately. Have a pro scan it to see if it is security or another problem it does not need to be a dealer to do this.
-1
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 4:24 PM
DAVID W. CHAPMAN
How hard is this to get fixed.
Sunday, August 7th, 2016 AT 6:06 PM
It has to be scanned first then go from there it may be a simple or minor problem. If the ignition switch is messed up could be causing this, but after install it has to be programmed to truck anyhow.
-1
Monday, August 8th, 2016 AT 7:27 AM
DAVID W. CHAPMAN
This end up being my starter.
Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 AT 5:10 AM
KEN
Hey David,

Good to hear the problem is fixed! Please use 2CarPros anytime.
Thursday, August 18th, 2016 AT 11:22 AM