Starter or battery maybe

KING30_B
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS
I took my car to a shop because it was vibrating and at stop lights it would die on me. The engine light was not on. He thought he fixed it and on our way home it died on us again and the light came back on. Today I was going to go somewhere and I tried to turn it on and it just clicked I used booster cables and it tried to turn over, but could not. All of the interior lights and radio are working.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 12:21 PM

It sounds like you have multiple problems. A vibrating engine is due to a misfire. How long since the spark plugs were replaced? At the mileage you listed, the engine should have been tuned up at least twice. A misfire can also cause the engine to stall at low speeds.

You have also described typical symptoms of a failed battery and / or charging system. Those can be tested very quickly by your mechanic.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 2:16 PM