STALLING OUT WHEN WARMED UP AT STOP SIGNS

1996 Cadillac Deville

miltcooke

May, 25, 2013 AT 6:34 AM

1996 Cadillac Deville – After driving on the road for approx. 1 hr. Without stopping then you slow down and come to a stop the engine will stall out. If you wait approx. 30-45 seconds it will start back up and run fine till the next time you come to a stop, when it will stall again and repeat this on & on. After being parked overnight it starts up and runs fine for approx. 45mins to an hr. And then will do the same thing. It will also stall if you let it idle for approx. 45-60 mins and in slow moving traffic after being warmed up.
The engine runs perfectly just had it tuned up. I had a mechanic clear all the computer codes, they didn't show anything, I'm looking to fix it!
I can be parked in a parking lot after having driven the car on the road for a hour then after 45-60 mins of idling the car engine will die out, but will start right back up if you wait about 1 min, then after a few min. Die out again.
Do think it might be the crankshaft position sensors? Or a bad ignition control module?
Another possibility I was told is that the torque convertor lock out sensors in the tranny, when traveling in 4th gear on the road then coming to a stop the tranny might not be down shifting through the gears like it is suppose to, therefore it's idling in 4th gear when you stop and that would drag down the idle and make it stall out. Do you agree with this assessment? Any help? Thanks If it is the convertor sensors can they be change without pulling the tranny? Thanks again

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

May, 25, 2013 AT 7:12 AM

I would check the idle a air control valve try removing it and cleaning.