Spots/Stains on Vehicle Paint and Windshield

MOUNTAIN123PEAK
  • 2010 HONDA ODYSSEY

Recently, I noticed clear, water-like spots on my 2010 Honda Odyssey scattered on top of the hood of the van, on the paint (please see picture attached). I also noticed there were similar spots on the windshield. At first, I thought they were drops of water but soon realized that they did not evaporate. I tried rubbing them off, but that worsened the problem because it became sticky and white. Finally, I decided to apply Glass Plus glass cleaning solution and noticed they came right off the windshield. I tried doing that to some of the spots on the paint and they came off. However, I am worried that I might have removed the wax (which I applied last week) from the paint as a result.

So my questions are, will these stains eventually damage the clearcoat and paint, and should I go ahead and remove all the spots on the paint as soon as possible or can I leave them there and let them disappear over time? Do I have two apply wax on the paint again if I apply more Glass Plus?
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 AT 1:04 PM

As long as the spots are removed you should be ok it takes a lot to damage clear coat the glass plus won't hurt much
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 AT 1:16 PM