Smoke from engine.

RICKYSH11
  • 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA
  • RWD
My car had a issue with overheating a few months ago, turned out to be a bad radiator fan so it was replaced. Now there seems to be an issue of smoke coming from the engine. The smoke looks to be located towards the back where the manifold is but I am not able to really pinpoint where. It begans when the car heats up to operating temp and only stops when it is turned off. The smoke smells like rubber or oil maybe burning.
Friday, December 23rd, 2016 AT 12:00 PM

Have it looked at for oil on manifold you may have a small valve cover leak or something similar.
Friday, December 23rd, 2016 AT 12:05 PM
STEVE W.
Agreed, If the engine got very hot it could have baked the gasket and is causing a leak. A quick way to find it yourself would be to clean off as much of the dirt/oil that is there and dust that area with baby powder. Start it and look for the powder to change color as the oil gets to it.
Friday, December 23rd, 2016 AT 2:22 PM