Small hose

DREMXNROE
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
Hello, I have a big problem. There is a small hose that sits under the Votec Box. It is on the left hand side, on the bottom and in the front but right under the Vortec box. Is this causing my car to shake, lose power because I only go no more than thirty miles per hour? Before I found this sliced hose my car was shaking very bad. I used a car reader and it said a misfire on number one. Also, it said that my fan was very high. I am not sure if I make sense but I would gladly send pictures.
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 2:18 AM

STEVE W.
Pictures would help, you can upload them using the add image button?

It would depend on what the hose does as to it's effect on the engine. It sounds like it could be a vacuum hose. A large vacuum leak can cause many issues.

What were the codes the reader gave you?
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 3:41 AM
DREMXNROE
Where my fingernail is.
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 2:19 PM
DREMXNROE
The codes were P0301 and P0495.
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 2:24 PM
STEVE W.
Okay, that is the crankcase vent for the PCV system and it can easily cause a misfire because it pulls in air that the computer does not "see" with it's sensors. It attaches under the lip of the resonator box in a grommet. (See arrow) It looks like you may need to remove the resonator, clean and replace the grommet to get it to stay because it appears to be loose if it pulled out.

That could easily cause the P0301

P0495 - Cooling Fan High Speed. This is a semi common code on these, It means the cooling fan clutch is failing/failed. A quick test to determine if the clutch is failed would be to open the hood, start the engine, and shut it off, if the fan does no keep spinning a bit after the engine is shut off but instead stops with the engine, the clutch is locked. Another is to try turning the fan immediately after you shut it off. You can still drive it but it will be noisy and will keep the CEL and can cause unwanted wear on other parts.
+1
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 3:01 PM
DREMXNROE
Wow thank you so much. I am definitely recommending you guys. May I share you guys on my Facebook?
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 3:12 PM
RENEE
Hi DREMXNROE,

We would love for you share our site on your Facebook. We are so happy Steve W. Was able to get the answers you needed. Please come back to 2CarPros with all of your automotive repair questions.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Renee
Admin
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 AT 3:27 PM