Service advance trac/Terrain management fault

JRIEDEL
  • 2011 FORD EXPLORER
When I go to park my SUV after driving I get a signal flashes up that says 1) terrain management fault and then 2) service advance trac.

We took in to Ford dealership and they could not find anything and reset computer and hopefully fix the problem. Well, it did not it came up again today.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Julie Riedel
Friday, May 29th, 2015 AT 5:41 PM

To start, I have seen this issue only a couple times. When checked, no trouble code seems recorded. What needs to be done is to run a vehicle health report when the lights are on and before they are cleared. It should show up then.

Just an FYI. There is a module in the steering column which is part of the processing unit. Replacement of that component has fixed similar issues. But again, you need to check codes to confirm.

Julie, I think this is becoming a common problem with this system. If the dealer does not find the problem, you should contact a Ford rep for your area and request help. I know for sure they are aware of this problem. If you look in your owner's manual, there should be numbers to contact. If you decide to do this, they will need the vehicle ID number (vin), mileage, the dealer's name you are dealing with.
+2
Friday, May 29th, 2015 AT 8:28 PM
JRIEDEL
Thanks!
Julie
Sunday, May 31st, 2015 AT 10:57 AM
Glad to help. If you can, let me know how things work out for you. Like I mentioned, it seems to be becoming a more and more common issue, and I would love to know if it is the sensor I mentioned or something different for you.
Sunday, May 31st, 2015 AT 7:39 PM
JRIEDEL
Hi, well, took back in and told about the sensor you recommended and they replaced it and so far (knock on wood) have not got the message anymore! Yay! So, I hope that was the problem!

Thanks a million!
Julie
Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 AT 2:03 PM
Julie.

That is good to hear. I hope it continues working properly for you. Take care and let me know if I can help in the future.

Thursday, June 18th, 2015 AT 7:14 PM
CBARBER
  • 2011 FORD EXPLORER
When starting the car this light comes on: Terrain management fault.
-1
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 AT 6:38 PM (Merged)
KEN
There is a problem with the a sensor or controller. Please scan the system of codes. If you scan the ABS system it should come up with a code that we can use to fix the problem.

https://youtu.be/rTtAnsOlZU4

Please run this test and get back to us.

Cheers, Ken
AUSTIN VELASQUEZ
Anyone know the part number of the module? Or exactly part number? I have the same problem about terrain management system fault.
Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 AT 12:42 PM
KEN

Here are the part numbers and pricing. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, September 7th, 2018 AT 1:47 PM