SERPENTINE BELT

2000 Ford Taurus

mkteye

May, 20, 2013 AT 11:35 AM

How do I find the correct belt for my car? There are so many out there that would 'Fit' my car when I searched internet. Does number of ribs important? My car is 2000 Taurus SE gas sedan. Is there a fix measurement that I can use to compare various brand, type or size? What would the best in the market? Good Year, Dayco.

Changing Drive Belt

hmac300

May, 20, 2013 AT 12:00 PM

Goodyear, Dayco and Gates are the name brand ones. Just go to an auto parts and give them year of car and engine size they can give you the correct one. Also replace the tensioner as well.

mkteye

May, 20, 2013 AT 12:48 PM

I wanted to buy it on internet, which is less expensive. My car info already included in the question. Does number of ribs important?

hmac300

May, 20, 2013 AT 12:51 PM

You didn't put engine size or with a/c or without you need that to replace the belts/belt it should only be one rib size like 6 or 7. For each application theyare all the same size meaning engine/a/c or without a/c etc.

mkteye

May, 24, 2013 AT 12:35 PM

My car is 2000 Ford Taurus SE, gas engine size 3.0, which has AC and first 11 character in VIN number is 1FAFP54U4YAxxx.
So I should replace the whole tensioner or just the pulley? I am thinking about ArmorMark 858K6 Serpentine Belt or Goodyear 4060855 Gatorback Poly-V Belts, but not sure that would be the right one. I bought Goodyear 4060755 before but had to return.

hmac300

May, 24, 2013 AT 1:26 PM

When you replace the tendsioner the pulley normally comes on it. As long as you give correct engine size and vin which in your case is U the tensioner is what holds the belt tight so replace that. Stick with goodyear, dayco or Gates belts. Dont' buy any tensioner that is made in CHINA. I'm also sending blet routing so you can install it correctly. If you don't have the routing diagram

mkteye

May, 24, 2013 AT 11:43 PM

Thanks for quick reply and the routing diagram.
So. Is Goodyear 4060855 the correct belt for my car?
Sometime when it rain, I hear the constant screeching noise. So. Do I need to change the idle pulley? Or most likely the sound just came from bad (a bit torn) belt?

hmac300

May, 25, 2013 AT 5:46 AM

If you have a 2valve 3.0l v6 it will. I told you there are two vin u and vin s you have vin u check with a parts store. One is flex fuel the other isn't but belt fits both it says. Make sure to replace tensioner as well other wise you are wasting your money

Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX