Security pass-lock

KAMAN36
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
It is simple, when I turn off the vehicle, I take out the key and before I can exit the vehicle the headlight flicker rapidly. If I engage the door locks and shut the doors it will do one of two things 1) flicker once or twice and stop. Or 2) continue flickering rapidly, occasionally stopping and restarting every few seconds until I replace the ignition key and turn to "on". Also, upon starting the vehicle each time the drivers door lock will disengage, while already disengaged, over and over for about fifteen to thirty seconds. It is acting as if the car alarm is activating but the pass-lock does not engage so starting the car is not a problem but after a few seconds of motion and while driving the engine will simply turn off. How do I reset the security/alarm/pass-lock for this vehicle?
Friday, October 20th, 2017 AT 11:42 AM

STEVE W.
That does not sound like the pass-lock system. It sounds like a faulty body control module or steering column wiring harness fault.
Pass-lock does not connect to the headlights, it uses the parking lights,
Pass-lock does not operate the door locks, those are controlled through the BCM and the remote keyless entry system.
Lastly pass-lock shuts of power to the starter not the fuel system.
It can cause a lot of problems but the ones you are having do not point to it.
Friday, October 20th, 2017 AT 8:15 PM
SANJER7
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Computer problem
2003 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

my alarm system goes off (4 beeps) whenever I open a door, trunk or turn the ignition on. My battery check fine, I have replaced the batteries in my remote entry fobs. A friend disconnected the battery for a minute and it seemed to work ok for an hour or so but now its doing it again. I can pull the horn fuse and that stops the horn from sounding but the lights etc, still flash. Besides, I can't drive without a horn. I was told it probably needs a new body control module. Help!
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 AT 6:54 PM (Merged)
RHALL77
Have the bcm scanned and get back to me