Security light/pass-lock

NDENSMORE26
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My car is equipped with "pass-lock" factory theft deterrent system. Anyway​ for the past couple weeks sometimes I can try to start my car and it will not do anything. No crack or click or anything. Battery is good, changed the starter and checked fuses, etc. After researching via Google I have learned that year of the Impala is known for major issues with the factory Pass-lock system. Someone suggested using a pass-lock bypass module, is that possible? Or can this probably only be fixed by installing a new "key ignition"? Please help!
Thursday, March 16th, 2017 AT 9:05 AM

I imagine you have already learned how to reset security system so if it is key operated it may be the key and or ignition lock. Have a mechanic scan for codes with his scanner and see if there is something wrong with the system. I am not sure the later models can be jumped with a resistor like earlier ones can.
Thursday, March 16th, 2017 AT 9:40 AM
STEVE W.
Nope, resistor doesn't do anything on transponder equipped units. Different signals and sensor type.
Monday, March 20th, 2017 AT 9:09 PM